For the full effect of this blog post, please fire up Jon Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer”, I will wait…
It is the end of June and we all are half way through 2014. The sad part is, so many are still “Living on a Prayer”. Without a plan, focus, scheduling, and keeping score, you might as well just be praying that transactions find you, because if your numbers aren’t what you want or need them to be, you either need to plan or pray!
What follows is for those who wish to plan:
We are half way through 2014 – Are you where you need to be? Time is now to look at the results and make adjustments. Let’s get to the year to date numbers:
• Closed Loans
• Credit Pulls
Referral Partners – Plug the number of closed loans into your “Referral Triangle” and see if you have balance? Are you tracking as expected?
Starting with Realtors®, do you have?
• 5 “A’s”
• 10 “B’s”
• 20 “C’s”
• Are you keeping a visitation schedule?
• Are you “Finding the Pain”?
• Do you make it personal?
If you are missing pieces, just double up on the next lower level two for one. For every missing “A” partner, you can have two “B” partners to replace it. Same with having two “C” partners to replace any missing “B” partners. Make sure you are keeping names of specific people – tracking each referral – being sure your results match you expectations!
Is your prospecting yielding the required results? Do you know who are the:
• Under performers
• Need to do more
• Need to replace or modify
If you are not tracking you can’t make adjustments. Now let’s do a Realtor® Activities Review. Are we:
• Getting all the contacts, both buyers and Listings?
• Using “Help Us Pick Your New Neighbor®?
• Implementing the “Forever Home Strategy®”?
• Talking about the “First time home Seller Strategy®”?
• Have an action plan to maximize “Open Houses”?
• Working with renters?
What is our plan and what will we do? What adjustments need to be made?
The same can be said for working with your OTHER PROFESSIONALS. Do you have?
• One Accountant?
• One Financial Planner?
• One Insurance Agent?
• One Divorce Attorney?
• Twelve Product or Service Providers?
That you are working a SPECIFIC plan of action with? What is the plan of action and who or what is currently missing? Are we using “The Annual Mortgage Fitness Check-up and Identity Theft Screening®”? It is still the single most versatile tool you have after your business card.
Are you protecting credit scores in divorce situations? Are you connected with at least one divorce attorney that sees the value in having you work with their clients at the beginning of the process?
Are you networking effectively? Who REALLY refers you? If you are not tracking referrals and collecting value to share with your database, what is the purpose? So we need to be clear and do an “Other Professionals Activity Review”. Are you:
• Mining all of your relationships?
• Working within your community?
• Do you make and share connections?
• Asking about and collecting 9’s and 10’s?
Are well focused on Building and working a Database? Do we check?
• Starting number of contacts
• Current number of contacts
• Projected growth
• Total number of referrals estimated
• Total number of referrals received
We need to schedule monthly Database Activities Review. Are we doing the:
• Birthday cards/calls
• Monthly value email or video
• Annual event
• Monitoring grown and referrals
Are we clear about Prospecting from the Process? Are we:
* Calling both Realtors® about contact info and the appraisal process
* Contacting all of the “sellers”
* Working with the neighbors
* Follow-up Thursdays
* Clear to close calls
* Wire confirmation calls
* Closing cards
* Post-closing follow-up
When are we going to integrate Social Media into our business? Are we using:
* Facebook® Business Page
* LinkedIn® and Twitter® accounts
* Posting your pictures and video
* Video business cards
* Video FAQ’s
* Video Coupons
* Video library or YouTube Channel
2014 is half over. Are you where you need to be? As the song wraps up, you need to be asking yourself, “Am I planning or praying” about my business? These strategies work if you work them! You can schedule the outcome you desire if you just do the work!