Every day the next few weeks we have lenders who can no longer accept loan applications that need to close this year. Each and every day another lender has to say no to a buyer, a seller, a listing agent, and a buyer’s agent. As we move into December, you need to seize the opportunity by getting yourself and your market prepared for what is possible as we all deal with the race against time to close transactions before this year is over!
I have talked before about looking at the calendar and understanding your clients and your market; your company and your support providers as to what is the real timeline to get deals done in your world, because the race against time is very real to those who need to buy, sell, close, and earn by the end of 2019!
The process is simple; here are a few questions you have to deal with:
- What is your company timeline look like against the calendar and when are your people available?
- Are your outside support people, title, closers, insurance, appraisers, inspectors, attorneys, HR people, and others going to be working the same days as you?
- Once you have a clear understanding of the availability, what can you do? Are you closing loans on 12/31, and if so, how many?
Once you have these clear in your own mind, you need to connect with:
- All of your current pre-approvals and share the possibilities.
- All of your current referral partners
- Message the managers of all the real estate offices, small banks, and credit unions about your ability to get loans closed and by when.
- Connect with your database and share the story because you don’t know who they might know!
- Social media and YouTube videos will help you count down the days to get these deals done!
Many of you have the ability to work through the end of the year and serve the people who may need your help the most if you just get out and look. I understand that for many, the focus is about the holiday parties and time off. I also have seen other coaches telling their clients that they have had a great year and they deserve to take some time off and enjoy the holidays! Well, I hope those clients listen to those coaches and take the time off. Coasting the last six weeks of the year will give my clients the opportunity to close more loans, serve more people, and open new doors to relationships they might not have had a chance to explore!
The last six weeks of the year is NOT the time to coast, it’s a time to serve and to build! There will be plenty of opportunities to have fun and party. Once you close out your pipeline for the year you can take a vacation in January or February, but now is the time to push hard right to the end of the year and take advantage of a market that needs your help!
Questions or comments: Mike@IMTcoaching.com