So many complicated discussions in our industry about the markets, their effect on home buyers and the Realtor® relationship and how to find, cultivate, and secure great relationships with the better producers. Sometimes people are acting as if these ideas are somehow “new” to the industry. For years I have pushed using simple strategies to generate opportunities for both you and your referral partners, now is a time to revisit a couple of those simple strategies that will help you generate transactions, and provide opportunities for your Realtor® referral partners.
“The Forever Home Strategy®” is a very simple strategy that works in every market to generate listings, purchases, and refinance opportunities. Like all of my other simple strategies, it requires a little planning and a little bit of work. The best part is, you can go to the exact places you want to do business in and focus on the homes that work best for you and your agents.
Key factors are:
- Selecting the neighborhoods that work best for you.
- Work with your agents in advance to understand that price point.
- Know the difference in value over the last five or so years.
- Target current homes for sale in trade-up and trade-down communities.
- Use the combination of Personal, physical, and electronic marketing to communicate your message.
- A minimum of two hours once a week for 4 to 6 weeks of committed time for you and your agent.
- If people want to move, list their house and find them the next one. If they are staying put, refinance them if they benefit from a change in term, rate, or to remove a HELOC.
“First Time Home Seller Strategy®” is along the same path as the Forever Home Strategy®, but in this case we focus on the typical first time home buyer homes and neighborhoods. We work with our Realtor® referral partners to comb specific properties, communities, and our past closed clients to find our targets. We can even search our company or branch records for those houses sold that fit the criteria that were sold and financed by others to be part of our group.
Key factors are:
- Identifying specific targets so you have a minimum of 60 – 100 targets.
- Follow the same criteria as above to identify past cost, current value, and the VALUE of an additional bedroom or bathroom for the difference in the monthly payment.
- Buying now before the price and cost of the transaction goes higher!
- Capturing a rising market from a higher value home.
Both of these ideas are gone through in detail on the website as part of a “Lunch & Learn” segment, a “Power Partnerships” segment, or a play from “The Coaches Playbook”. Having “ACCESS” to the tools is simple and a very minor investment in your business!
Using the tools in the website is something you can do today, that helps improve your tomorrow! www.IMTcoaching.com
Questions or comments: Mike@IMTcoaching.com